All employees of Buttweiler Environmental can be leaders if they so desire. Anything that the company accomplishes is initiated and nurtured by them. The following philosophies are intended to assist these people in maintaining and improving their leadership capabilities.
THE LEADERS OF BUTTWEILER ENVIRONMENTAL SHALL:
- Set examples for others to follow.
- Promote group cohesiveness and pride.
- Share appropriate information openly, willingly, and thoroughly.
- Insist on excellence and tolerate nothing else.
- Hold employees accountable as well as ourselves.
- Be supportive of company, company goals and management decisions.
- Be decisive even when decisions may not be popular.
- Solicit and support input and constructive criticism from other employees and respond to that input.
- Do what is good for the organization even at times when it is not best for ourselves.
- Admit to mistakes.
- Be financially responsible.
- Follow the chain of command.
- Take responsibility.
- Think and operate for the long term.
- Demonstrate trust and confidence in other employees.
- Follow projects, assignments through to their logical end.
- Do what we say we are going to do.
- Convey confi dence and direction.
- Take command.
- Make decisions when you should make them.
- Tell the truth.
- Listen – really listen.
- Be consistent.
- Explain to other employees not only what decisions have been made but why.
- Fix the problem, not the blame.
- Be proactive - not reactive.
- Make a profit, because profit is necessary for success, for continued existence and for improvement.